Wire Securing Installation Staples
Pet Street Mall is making "Underground Fencing" easier for every one. Many people and companies give the impression that the wire use in these "Underground Containment Systems" has to be buried "Underground". This is simply not true. We do recommend you bury the wire so you don't have to deal with it again. However there are many people who are unable to do so for many reasons.
Don't worry about installation just because you rent your house, don't have any tools, unable to dig, have snow on the ground, or just don't have the time. In the past we have always made the suggestion that you lay out your wire in the yard where you want the boundaries to be and leave it there while you train your dog just to make sure it is correct for you. Now with the wire securing staples simply lay the wire down and when you know it's right use the staples to secure it to the ground. Many times after a good rain the wire will sink and you won't even be able to see it. This is the perfect hassle free solution to your installation problems.
In Addition - Pet Sreet Mall offers Premium, Heavy-Duty, Long-lasting, 18 guage wire with ALL our Containment Systems. Brick and mortar stores, catalogs, and internet retailers do not. This provides you with the advantage of knowing that you will not have to deal with the time-consuming hassle of reinstalling your wire.
Here at the Pet Street Mall we want to save you time and money so don't spend a weekend burying the wire underground, or paying some one hundreds of dollars to bury the boundary wire when it can be installed above ground in only a matter of an hour or two. Once the wire is installed you don't have to worry about guests tripping over it or hitting it with lawn equipment because it sinks into the ground in a few days due to the natural growth process of your lawn.
Installation is as easy as 1, 2, Done
- First lay out your boundary wire in your desired shape and around the area you want to contain. From your boundary wire run twisted wire to your transmitter and pug it in.
- Once you have decide the system you chose is correct for you, "Staple" the twisted wire to the ground by hammering in a wire "Staple" every 5 - 6 feet.
- Now stop and look at the wire. Is it completely flush to the ground all the way to the start of the boundary? The wire MUST completely touch the ground. If not go and "Staple" any raised areas before proceeding to the next step.
- Place a "Staple" where the twisted wire and the beginning of the boundary meet (if you have a splice in this area please dig a small hole about 2 inches deep and bury the splice. Then place a "Staple" in the front of and behind the splice to relieve any pressure on the splice)
- Next, walk to the first corner of your boundary and "Staple" it to the ground. Repeat this step for all corners of your boundary. (Not all yards are square if you do not have corners on your boundary please select multiple anchor points for the wire)
- Now place staples as needed and make sure to staple any raised areas down until they are completely flush with the ground, for maximum safety for you and your guests.
Now Your Done! It's that simple!
As long as there are no raised spots in your wire you have no need to worry about people tripping over it, and in most conditions the wire should be completely hidden within 7-10 days. Don't worry about your lawn equipment cutting the wire as the blades will never be near the wire. Most lawns are trimmed at 2" - 3" inches,above the ground, nowhere close to the wire laying flush on the ground. Areas with cattle and livestock are recommended to bury the wire because hooves can create breaks in the wire if it's stepped on.
Purchase Your Above Ground Installation Kit