Contech's StayAway Automatic Pet Deterrent protects your porch, patio, potted plants, and counter tops. Just place it in the area you want to protect, and the StayAway Automatic Pet Deterrent does the rest. When a cat approaches the area, the StayAway Automatic Pet Deterrent responds with a warning sound and a brief spray of "compressed air" to warn your pet away. Once your cat learns to recognize the warning sound, you can switch to the "sound only" mode to conserve compressed air for an even more economical solution.
The StayAway Automatic Pet Deterrent uses a passive infrared sensor to detect an animal within its one-meter zone, and responds with a warning sound and a brief, harmless spray of compressed air.
To set up the StayAway Automatic Pet Deterrent, simply place the unit in the area you want to protect, (for example kitchen counters, potted plants, etc.). Turn on the sound/spray, and wait a few seconds for the motion detector to stabilize. The StayAway Automatic Pet Deterrent is now set to go.
For the first few days, use the combined sound/spray mode. When the motion detector detects a cat's movement, it will first respond with a sound, followed by the spray of air. After a few encounters with the StayAway Automatic Pet Deterrent, most cats will decide that the sound is enough to warn them from off-limit areas.
- Keeps cats away from protected areas.
- A five-position motion sensor detects motion up to one meter away.
- Requires four AAA batteries.
- Detection and spray angles can be adjusted individually.
- Two different modes of operation: sound with spray and sound only.
- Combines sound with "compressed air" for an odorless deterrent.
- Operates up to 200 times on a single, replaceable canister of "compressed air".
- The motion sensor and spray are separately adjustable so they can be positioned precisely.
- The StayAway Automatic Pet Deterrent is constructed of durable, high-quality materials,
and has been designed to provide many years of reliable service.